Billy E. Johnson
Research Civil Engineer
- B.S., Mississippi State University, 1987, Civil Engineering
- M.S., Memphis State University, 1993, Civil Engineering
- PhD, Colorado State University, 1997, Civil Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineer, Memphis District, USACE, 1987 1991.
Lumped parameter hydrologic modeling (HEC-1).
One dimensional hydraulic modeling (HEC-2).
Research Hydraulic Engineer, ERDC Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, 1991 - 2000.
One-, two-, three dimensional hydrodynamic modeling (UNET, HEC-2, RMA-2, CH3D).
One-, two- dimensional hydrologic modeling (HEC-1, CASC2D, HSPF).
Development of the upland erosion algorithm for CASC2D.
Assisted in the incorporation of CASC2D into the WMS.
Principal Environmental Systems Modeler, Concurrent Technologies Corporation, 2000 2001.
Three dimensional hydrodynamic modeling (CH3D).
Watershed / Water quality modeling (HSPF).
Research Civil Engineer, ERDC Environmental Laboratory, 2001 present.
One-, two-, three- dimensional hydrodynamic and water quality modeling.
Multi-Dimensional Watershed / Water quality model development and application.
Multi-Dimensional Watershed / Contaminant model development and application.
Assisting in the incorporation of HSPF into the WMS.
- One-, two-, and three-dimensional hydrodynamic modeling.
One-, two- dimensional hydrologic and water quality modeling.
Development of upland erosion and channel sedimentation algorithms for two- dimensional distributed rainfall-runoff model.
Development of nutrient sub-modules for inclusion into USACE developed water engines.
Development of contaminant sub-modules for inclusion into USACE developed water engines.
- One-, two- dimensional hydrologic and water quality modeling.
- Development of upland erosion and channel sedimentation algorithms for two- dimensional distributed rainfall-runoff model.
- Panama Lakes Water Quality Study
- San Jacinto Watershed Water Quality Study
- Santa Marguarita Watershed Water Quality Study
- Yuma Proving Grounds Watershed Contaminant Study
- Otay Watershed Water Quality Study
- Development of Nutrient Modules for a Distributed Watershed Model
- Development of Contaminant Modules for a Distributed Watershed Model
- Development of Overland Contaminant Modules for ARAMS
- Member ASCE
- Professional Engineer, Mississippi, 1993 Present.